This month, we’re turning to our friend Stephanie Tourles, an herbalist aromatherapist, and skin care expert for inspiration for Valentine’s Day treats to share with your honey.
Her new book, Making Love Potions (available here), features something for everyone, whether you want to seduce with your scent, tantalize with tasty treats, or melt away stress with a sensual massage. Both the book itself and the recipes inside make a fantastic gift for your sweetheart.
As with most skin and body care products, many brands use a long list of ingredients you can’t pronounce, including chemicals that are harmful to our bodies or the earth. So we’re sharing Stephanie’s safe, all natural “Love is in the Air” massage oil.
Using Healthy Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the base, it is rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants to leave your skin silky soft and irresistibly touchable. The essential oils help to calm and de-stress while stirring flames of passion. Vetiver oil can be found at most natural or health-food stores. It is known to boost libido and stimulate desire, along with calming stressed mind and muscles. Lavender, an aphrodisiac to both sexes, also helps to ground and center while relieving pain.
Love essential oils? Try our Essential Facial Oils formulated by Stephanie, too!
"Love is in the Air" Lavender-Vertiver Massage Oil
- 36 drops lavender essential oil
- 28 drops vetiver essential oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1,000 IU vitamin E oil
- Combine the lavender and vetiver essential oils in an 8-ounce glass storage jar. Add the extra virgin olive oil and vitamin E.
- Screw the Top on and shake vigorously to blend the ingredients.
- Label the bottle and place in a dark location at room temperature for 24 hours so the oils can synergize.
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and light; use within 2 years.
Excerpted from Making Love Potions, copyright Stephanie Tourles, used with permission from Storey Publishing.