I don’t think I have had an opportunity yet to express my love for portobello mushrooms. As someone who eats meatless meals quite often, they are such a good meaty main course, from Portobellos Fajitas and Enchiladas to Fried Mushroom Steak Fries, and now these Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobello Shrooms. It’s also a nice option for any gluten free friends or family.
You start off by simmering some chopped garlic in butter on low until fragrant. (Just like olive oil, REAL butter is important). While that’s happening, gently clean your shroomies with a damp cloth and remove the tough stems. Then, brush both sides of the portobello caps with the garlic butter, and place top down on a baking sheet or roasting pan. Layer in the mozzarella and tomatoes, and voila – you’re ready to pop these bad boys in the oven. Place in the middle rack of the oven set to broil and cook for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with Healthy Harvest Balsamic and True Tuscan, and add some fresh basil for those classic caprese flavors. This could easily stand on its own as an entree but would also make a great side. Serve with a glass of wine and you’ll be eating your way to happiness.
Show us your favorite way to use our new Balsamic Reduction by commenting below or on Instagram by tagging @healthyharvests
#eatrealfood #cookmore #jointhetable
- 4-5 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5-6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomates, halved
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- fresh basil, thinly sliced for garnish
- Healthy Harvest Balsamic Reduction
- Healthy Harvest True Tuscan extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to broil; place rack in middle. Heat butter and garlic in a small saucepan until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Brush both sides of each mushroom and place them top side down on a baking sheet. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and broil until cheese is melted and golden, about 10 minutes. To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the Balsamic and True Tuscan and sprinkle with salt to taste.