As foodies, we LOVE hosting parties and get togethers. Olives, fruit, cheese, and wine come together to create a timeless, elegant, easy spread.
But what makes a good cheese board your guests will enjoy?
First, no matter what kind of cheese you choose, make sure it’s high quality!
Next, choose a variety of flavors and textures. You want a combination of hard and soft, mild and pungent, aged and fresh. You’ll want about 1 oz per person. Use a separate knife for each and be sure to include labels.
- Firm – Manchego
- Soft – Goat cheese, brie
- Aged – Cheddar, gouda
- Pungent, funky – Bleu cheese or boomy rinds. Bloomy rinds are covered in fluffy white mold that forms an edible crust for soft, creamy insides. We love Brie and Camembert.
- Plain Chevre – always a great option to blend with other sweet flavors like honey or jam, as well as savory flavors such as olives
- Platters – nice wooden board, chalk board, or marble slab
- Olives and Olive Oil– try a mix of flavors and varieties, like our kalamata, oregano, and garlic olives
- Nuts – Candied pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, marcona almonds
- Cured Meats – Prosciutto, salami
- Something Sweet– Fresh apples, grapes or melon; dried figs, jam, honey
- Crackers & Breads
So what are you waiting for? Call up your friends and don’t forget to invite us