Easy. Healthy. Delicious. That’s our philosophy. Eating fresh, nutritious meals doesn’t have to mean a lot of work or spending a lot of money. This light “pasta” is perfect for summer and can easily be made with ingredients fresh from your local farmers’ market. It comes together in under 30 minutes and adds a huge serving of veggies to your day.
Hint: If you have lots of sun where you live, buy a basil plant. Even if you only use it once, it’s oftentimes cheaper than buying the packaged herb. Plus, it will likely produce all season.
- 4 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Healthy Harvest Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: Grilled chicken breast or shrimp are great additions if you eat meat
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 pine nuts (creates exceptionally rich flavor, but expensive and can be omitted)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan
Make the Pesto: Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Add a tablespoon of EVOO to a pan on medium heat. Saute mushrooms, add tomatoes and stir. Add the “noodles” and cook just until tender. Toss with pesto. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and a sprinkle of parm.
Try a drizzle of our Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil just before serving. Perfection.